Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-01-12 Origin: Site
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), the World Health Organization (WHO) and public health officials recommend wearing masks to control the spread of the new coronavirus, which can cause COVID-19. People now wear many different types of masks, including headscarves, hand-sewn masks and disposable medical masks. In many cases, the choice of mask depends on availability. People use what they have. But how effective are these masks?
Masks are usually a very humble product, but it has become one of the hot topics in this epidemic. Maybe some consumers have also learned about N95, KN95, P95, etc. during this epidemic. Let's learn about what is the FFP3 mask efficiency.
This passage is going to talk about efficiency of FFP3 mask:
(1) Introduction to FFP3 mask
(2) Product description
(3) FFP3 mask efficiency
FFP3 masks refer to masks that meet the European (CEEN149:2001) standard. European protective masks are divided into three levels: FFP1, FFP2, and FFP3. The difference from the American standard is that its detection flow rate is 95L/min and DOP oil is used to generate dust.
The detection of FFP3 masks, whether it is a European standard or an American standard, is designated to use the American TSI-8130 Automated Filter Testers instrument for detection. The American standard uses the NaCl method for class N, the R class uses the DOP method, and the European standard uses the DOP method.
1. Individual protection products designed to prevent or reduce dust in the air from entering the human respiratory organs to protect life.
2. Material: Most of the anti-particle masks are constructed with two layers of non-woven fabric inside and outside, with a filter cloth (melt blown cloth) in the middle.
3. Filtration principle: Filtering fine dust mainly depends on the filter cloth in the middle. Because the melt blown cloth has the characteristic of static electricity, it can absorb small particles. Because the fine dust is adsorbed on the original filter, and the original filter cannot be washed with static electricity, the self-priming filter anti-particulate respirator needs to replace the original filter regularly.
4. Remarks: The international requirements for the use of anti-particulate masks are quite strict. The anti-particulate masks belong to the first level in personal protective equipment, which is higher than earmuffs and protective glasses. The more authoritative testing certifications include CE certification in Europe and NIOSH certification in the United States.
5. Protection objects: The protection objects are divided into KP and KN. The so-called KP is able to protect oily and non-oily particles, while KN is only able to protect non-oily particles.
Pion against materials with concentrations up to 50 times 0EL or 20 times APF. The minimum filtration efficiency is 98%. The current NHS guidelines stipulate that FFP3 masks should control viral and bacterial infections when infectious diseases are spread through coughing and sneezing (for example, with coronavirus). Medical professionals also often use them when handling dangerous drugs.
FFP3 anti-virus masks can provide an excellent level of protection from air pollution. The maximum total leakage is 5%, and the maximum leakage rate of 99% of all particles after filtration is 0.6um. Classification requirements:
Prevent toxic and harmful types of dust, smoke and aerosols.
Filter carcinogenic and radioactive substances or pathogens, such as bacteria, viruses and fungal spores.
The total leakage is at most 5%.
Suitable for environments where OEL exceeds 30 times.
We hope this article has helped you understand more about FFP3 mask efficiency. If you need FFP3 masks, do not hesitate to contact us. Our products will be your best choice.
Renault Medical in Guangzhou, The biggest face masks manufacture in South China, Renault.2020-09-03