FFP2 masks refer to masks that meet the European (CEEN149:2001) standards. The European standards for protective masks are divided into three levels: FFP1, FFP2, and FFP3. The difference from the American standard is that its detection flow rate is 95L/min and DOP oil is used to generate dust. Do you want to know about them? So, what is ffp2 mask? This article will briefly introduce it.
This passage is going to talk about the followings of ffp2 mask:
Description of ffp2 mask
Usage of ffp2 masks
How to clean ffp2 mask?
Percentage of aerosol filtration: not less than 94%.
Internal leakage rate: 8% maximum.
The mask provides protection in various fields such as glass industry, foundry, construction, pharmaceutical industry and agriculture. It effectively prevents powdered chemicals. The mask can also prevent respiratory viruses, such as bird flu, COVID-19 or severe acute respiratory syndrome related to coronavirus (SARS), as well as pneumonia plague and tuberculosis bacteria. It is similar to the N95 mask.
1. Individual protection products designed to prevent or reduce dust in the air from entering the human respiratory organs to protect life safety;
2. Material: Most anti-particle masks are constructed with two layers of non-woven fabric inside and outside, with a filter cloth (melt blown cloth) in the middle layer;
3. Filtration principle: Filtering fine dust mainly depends on the filter cloth in the middle. Because the melt blown cloth has the characteristics of static electricity, it can absorb positively small particles. Because the fine dust is adsorbed on the original filter, and the original filter is static and cannot be washed with water, the self-priming filter type anti-particulate respirator needs to replace the original filter regularly
4. Remarks: The international requirements for the use of anti-particulate masks are quite strict. The anti-particulate masks belong to the first level in personal protective equipment, which is higher than earmuffs and protective glasses. The more authoritative testing certifications include CE certification in Europe and NIOSH certification in the United States, while the Chinese standards are similar to the NIOSH certification in the United States.
5. Protection objects: The protection objects are divided into KP and KN. The so-called KP is capable of protecting oily and non-oily particles, while KN is only capable of protecting non-oily particles.
The outer layer of Ffp2 masks tends to accumulate a lot of dust, bacteria and other dirt in the outside air, while the inner layer blocks the exhaled bacteria and saliva. Therefore, the two sides cannot be used alternately, otherwise the dirt on the outer layer will be directly exposed. It becomes a source of infection by inhaling the body when it is close to the face. When you are not wearing the mask, you should fold it into a clean envelope, fold the side close to your nose and mouth, and don't just stuff it in your pocket or hang it around your neck.
Ffp2 masks are similar to N95 and KN95 masks and cannot be cleaned. Because it gets wet, the mask will release static electricity and cannot absorb dust with a diameter of less than 5um.
High-temperature steam disinfection is similar to cleaning. Water vapor will also cause static discharge, which will cause the mask to fail.
If you have an ultraviolet lamp at home, you can consider using it to sterilize the surface of the mask to prevent accidental contact with the surface of the mask and cause pollution. High temperature can also be sterilized, but masks are usually made of flammable materials. High temperature may also cause masks to burn and cause safety hazards. It is not recommended to use ovens and other facilities for high-temperature disinfection.
We hope this article has helped you understand more about what is ffp2 mask. If you need ffp2 masks, do not hesitate to contact us. Our products will be your best choice.