Views: 0 Author: Site Editor Publish Time: 2021-03-25 Origin: Site
FFP3 masks refer to masks that meet the European (CEEN149:2001) standard. The European standards for protective masks are divided into three levels: FFP1, FFP2, and FFP3. The difference from the American standard is that its detection flow rate is 95L/min and DOP oil is used to generate dust. Do you want to know about them? So, what is ffp3 mask? This article will briefly introduce it.
This passage is going to talk about the followings of FFP3 mask:
Description of ffp3 masks
Usage of ffp3 masks
Standard of ffp3 masks
Clean ffp3 masks
EN 149 is the European standard for testing and marking requirements for filter half masks. Such masks cover the nose, mouth and chin, and may have inhalation and/or exhalation valves. According to their filtration efficiency, EN 149 defines three types of such particle half masks, called FFP1, FFP2 and FFP3. It also categorizes the mask into "only one use" (not reusable, marked as NR) or "reusable (more than one shift)" (marked as R). The additional mark letter D indicates that the mask has passed The selected dolomite blockage test. This mechanically filtered gas mask prevents inhalation of particles such as dust particles, droplets and aerosols.
1. Individual protection products designed to prevent or reduce dust in the air from entering the human respiratory organs to protect life safety;
2. Material: Most anti-particle masks are constructed with two layers of non-woven fabric inside and outside, with a filter cloth (melt blown cloth) in the middle layer;
3. Filtration principle: Filtering fine dust mainly depends on the filter cloth in the middle. Because the melt blown cloth has the characteristics of static electricity, it can absorb positively small particles. Since the fine dust is adsorbed on the original filter, and the original filter cannot be washed with static electricity, the self-priming filter anti-particulate respirator needs to replace the original filter regularly.
4. Remarks: The international requirements for the use of anti-particulate masks are quite strict. The anti-particulate masks belong to the first level in personal protective equipment, which is higher than earmuffs and protective glasses. The more authoritative testing certifications include CE certification in Europe and NIOSH certification in the United States.
5. Protection objects: The protection objects are divided into KP and KN. The so-called KP is able to protect against oily and non-oily particles, while KN can only protect against non-oily particles.
Aerosol filtration rate: not less than 99%.
Internal leakage rate: maximum 2%
FFP3 mask is the most filter in FFP mask. It can prevent very fine particles such as asbestos and ceramics. It cannot prevent gases, especially nitrogen oxides.
The outer layer of ffp3 masks tends to accumulate a lot of dust, bacteria and other dirt in the outside air, while the inner layer blocks the exhaled bacteria and saliva. Therefore, the two sides cannot be used alternately, otherwise the dirt on the outer layer will be directly exposed. It becomes a source of infection by inhaling the body when it is close to the face. When you are not wearing the mask, you should fold it into a clean envelope, fold the side close to your nose and mouth, and don't just stuff it in your pocket or hang it around your neck.
We hope this article has helped you understand more about what is ffp3 mask. If you need ffp3 mask s, do not hesitate to contact us. Our products will be your best choice.